Innovations smithy J.v.G. Thoma GmbH presents a new LED Flasher for module manufacturing
Quality assurance is an absolute imperative in the PV manufacturing. The solar specialist J.v.G. Thoma, based in Bavaria, is about to present on the dot at the industrial trade fair PV-SEC its new flasher model: the worldwide first LED based inspection device in the market. Its advantage? With it the test results will be more accurate than with conventional devices.
Freystadt/Oberpfalz - The better one beats the good one: that is the philosophy of Diplom-Ingenieur Hans Thoma, General Manager of J.v.G. Thoma GmbH. That is why the company also continued to work on the development of its existing high-performance flasher, despite good performance. And now it focuses on the strong points of LEDs.
With the new flasher each module is put to the acid test not just once, but five times in one go. From this an average is derived which in turn will ensure that the results are more accurate. And that means, later for the dimensioning all wiring connections can be done much more precisely.
Faster than lightning: from zero to five in 0.1 seconds
Price: up to 49.200 Euro
The amazing thing about the LED variant is that it requires less time to determine these five readings than a common flasher for only one reading. There is an obvious reason behind this: the LED light burns continuously, whereas a conventional flasher takes nearly 20 seconds until the condenser is recharged for the next "flash light".
A series-ready achievement
When the newly developed product is going to be in the market? Now! Because J.v.G. has already started with the series production. Therefore, interested manufacturers and wholesale dealers can "hop in" immediately and benefit from the new technology. The new flasher has already proven its efficiency during its deployment at J.v.G. subsidiary company Jurawatt.
01. Light Source: LED pulsed lights (8 pieces)
02. Life time of a lamp: 5.000.000 flash times; 5 flashes in 2 seconds more flash possible (up to 40)
03. Full area intensity: 70 to 120 mW/cm
04. Correction - Also long pulse flash possible to measure thinfilm: Automatically correct against to temperature and power drift to standard condition.
Measures the following parameters:
- I-V curve
- open circuit voltage (Voc)
- short circuit curren (Isc)
- peak power
- current and voltage at peak power (Im and Vm)
- fill factor (F.F.)
- Module efficiency (Eff.)
- Module temperature (Temp.)
05. Repeatability: +/- 1 +/- 0,5
06. Illumination Uniformity: +/- 3% +/- 1 % B-class and AAA-class available
07. Test either: crystalline or thin films modules and cells
Label printer included with software
Barcode reader for module serial numer included
08. Dimensions: 1.500 x 2.500 mm
09. Weight: 300 kg
10. Measurement range and resolution of voltage: 0.1 - 100V
11. Measurement range and resolution of current: 0.1 - 25A
12. Measurement range of modules: 40W to 500W
13. Yield measurement possible (even for days)
You are interested in our machine?
Please contact us via the form, per email or phone +49(0)9179-9460-680 - Mr. Robert Schwab.